I've never been much of a journal writer or blogger, but I wanna see if I can do it. If I complain it's not because i feel sorry for myself or that I am unhappy. Because I am so happy! Why? Because of this wonderful thing in my life called Caleb.
Caleb is off doing very productive things in his life right now, unlike me. He works at a great hospital as a CNA full time, and goes to school full time. That leaves very little time for me to see him, so when I do, I feel like we have to do very fun things with our time together. No work, just play!
I have been noticing a lot lately how when you get used to your life being boring and dull, the little fun things that you didn't used to think were so great, are a hoot! Like last night, we went to Shopko to get Caleb some school supplies, and we walked past a few puzzles. I found one that is 1,000 pieces and has a picture of a bunch of dice. It was so weird how awesome and fun it looked to me! I just had to get it! Now I spend today doing my puzzle. I sound like my grandma.
Why am I not going to school? Everyone who knows me well, knows I did not love school. Ever. I loved math, and would look forward to doing math homework and taking the tests, but anything else... I did not have the patients for. I got my Associates degree from college, but I really didn't care to go any further than that. Which makes me feel like a failure coming from the family that I do. My mom has her Masters degree, my step dad has a Doctorate, one of my brothers a Masters from Ohio State, and my other brother a Masters from George Washington.
Why am I not working at the moment? Well I just finished having 3 full times jobs, one after another, and I am BURNED out! Thankfully my wonderful husband told me I was allowed to get a part-time job now, which I could not be more thankful for! The only problem now is, I have some back issues I am trying to clear up first. I have a condition called Spondylolisthesis. It's quite painful, and I had issues doing my job at my last two jobs because of how much pain I was in with my back. I am now going to the Chiropractor daily, getting treatment to help the pain. As of right now, I'm not supposed to do much of anything, including exercise, lay on my stomach, lift over 10 lbs, sit for long periods of time, and the list goes on. So, I am a boring stay at home mother/wife, minus the children. :)
So there is an update of us. Hopefully, soon I will have something fun to report. As of now, any visits or communication is greatly appreciated as I lie on my back with an ice pack.
Much Love,
The Andersons
9 comments:
I'm so glad you are blogging! I hope your back is okay. Let me know if you need anything. Lets double soon :)
Puzzles!! That's a great idea!! It is good for your brain, too! :) Hope you keep having fun with those times you and Caleb do have together. Keep blogging! :)
Welcome to to the blogging world. I feel bad saying that I am excited to read more about what is going on in your life since I live like 8 minutes away from you and should already know. Lets hang out soon.
Cool! I like to read blogs, it helps me to know what is going on with everybody. :) Hope your back stops causing you pain.
So glad you posted on the blog. I, like Megan, love to read blogs, and see what is happening with everyone. Hope your back gets better soon. It just takes time, but is hard for you to sit around, I'm sure.....because that , in itself, causes pain. Enjoy working on those puzzles!
Hurray for blogs! We made ours private a little bit ago, so I will email you the link if ever you want to check up on us, too. Can't wait to hear more of your adventures!
Woo hoo! Welcome to the blogger world. Can't wait to hear more about your life!
Hope you're feeling better. And I hope you enjoy doing a blog as much as everyone will enjoy reading it! Take care!
Hi Dana, glad to see your blog :) I am so sorry to hear about your back, my sister-in-law has the same condition and so I have a small idea of how difficult and painful it can be. Hang in there! I know my sister has found some relief in yoga, if that ever becomes a possibility for you... And don't worry about school, a degree does not define you, you do. :)
Post a Comment