I have been getting sick of everyone's long list of gratefulness, but here I am doing the same thing. I just feel very thankful right now!
First and mostly, I am so grateful for my beautiful little family. Life is pretty tough right now, but at the same time it's the best that it's ever been. People have told me the first year of marriage is the hardest and also when you have a baby. Well I guess I just lucked out, and for that I am thankful. I have the most wonderful, hardest working husband, who makes me laugh and smile everyday. I have been told by many people in the last two years how amazing Caleb is, and I completely agree with them. The part of the day that I look forward to most is laying in bed before we go to sleep and giggling with Caleb. We have been so tired and delirious lately, that we just laugh about and say the dumbest things, and I love it! (Last night we were so out of it, and Caleb accidentally told me what he was thinking about getting me for Christmas. We laughed and laughed.) We have also been lucky enough to have my aunt watch Carter for 2 date nights so far, which I am also very thankful for. I feel as though I am missing an arm or a leg when I am not with Carter, like a huge part of me is missing, but we still have such an awesome time together on our dates. I was just reading my sister-in-law's blog that had Christmas music playing, while holding Carter, and I got so excited for Christmas, and that I get to spend it with Caleb and Carter.
I am also thankful for my parents and all that they do for us. It always amazes me what they are willing to do for me, and the love that they have for me.
I am thankful for being blessed with a perfect, healthy, beautiful child. We have seen lots of people that have had babies lately that have had to stay at the hospital for a while or that have birth complications, and we feel that it couldn't have gone any better for us.
I am thankful for our apartment. I have complained and have not loved the apartment that we are in right now, but really, I am just so thankful for it at the same time. I realize there are others less fortunate than us, and our apartment would be such a blessing to them. The running water, appliances, beds, heater and air conditioning are all things I feel very blessed to have everyday.
I am grateful for a husband that is intelligent and so hard working and is able to get jobs easily. He is such a pleasant person to be around and always wins everyone over.
I wouldn't say I am the healthiest person ever, but I am thankful for the health that I do have. Because of issues, I don't get to live a normal life and miss out on a lot of things, but I do realize it could be so much worse.
I am thankful that I weigh less after my pregnancy than I did before it. Don't get me wrong, I still have stretch marks, and weird extra skin on my stomach, but that just helps motivate me to work out and be healthier.
I am thankful for the extended members of my family that I know we can rely on for support and love at anytime. Even though I'm not extremely close to anyone other than Caleb and my parents, I still feel that I have family that I can always count on and talk to.
Well, I am thankful for lots of other things, but I am getting sick of this blog so I am sure you are too!
5 comments:
That was a very nice thankful list! :)
I appreciate all that you are thankful for. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and sentiments. Happy Thanksgiving! :)
Many good things to be thankful for. Thanks for sharing and I'm thankful you guys came to Thanksgiving!
I like your list, too. I'm thankful for your little family, too, and the time that we DO get to spend with you guys even if it's not very often! Love you all bunches!
Dana, you have such a cute little family! Wish I was closer so I could come hold that little beautiful baby boy!
Best luck is adjusting to motherhood. I hope you are recovering well!
Post a Comment